Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The big, the bold, and the opposite

I've had the opportunity to write two very fun stories in the past couple of weeks. They're for two different publications, on two different subjects, but there was one connecting element...I can say no more, but suffice it to say that it's been a pleasure and I'm a happy girl. (This photo is a clue.)

One of my story subjects reminded me how much I enjoy embroidery. This photo is of a patch I made for my then-boyfriend's jeans when we were in college. I was an embroidering fiend, having done up a blue workshirt and overalls. When it came time to ditch the jeans, I made him give me back to patch, which I recently found in a pile 'o stuff. After my brief dip into embroidery in Lake Tahoe, and after talking with my story subjects, I'm itchin' to be stitchin' (Sorry...couldn't help myself).

2 comments:

AnneR said...

If those pillows are at your house you might experience a robbery next weekend. Someone might see a car with Indiana plates peeling out of your place after a woman was seen leaving your house with several large lumpy parcels.

Linzee said...

No, I should have explained that those gorgeous pillows are a clue to what I've been penning. Wish they were mine. So can those plans for thievery!