Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little Beanie

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday. I was lucky enough to have her here over Labor Day weekend, and since she left yesterday we gave her her presents. The one I'd like to share with you is a circular scarf I knit for her.

Rebecca, (affectionately known as Beanie or simply The Bean), has rather exacting tastes and making something she likes isn't easy. But when I saw this lovely, golden Madeline Tosh DK yarn, I knew she'd love the color. I chose to make this circular scarf, Honey Cowl, a freebie pattern also from Madeline Tosh. I started this mother in May, taking it to Italy with me. I figured it was a simple pattern and would be perfect for those times when I'd be distracted and have to put it down. Even so, I pulled out rows multiple times...not sure how this happened on such a simple, 4-row pattern. But in the end I am very happy with it, and so is Rebecca. She put it right on and even wore it home on the plane, which delighted me no end.

So Happy Birthday, Beanie—Love you lots!

7 comments:

Deborah said...

She looks very lovely in her new scarf!
Nice job.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could knit. Have you seen this one?
http://www.purlbee.com/striped-cotton-cowl/2011/4/10/whits-knits-striped-cotton-cowl.html

Karen L.

Linzee said...

Oh, Karen, I hadn't seen that one, but I must admit I'm tempted to try it. After seeing Rebecca wrap her scarf around her neck, it looked so cozy I wanted one for myself. Maybe I'll give the purl one a try for some variety.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rebecca, You are one of a kind!

Anonymous said...

I have a cat named "Beanie" He's not as pretty as Rebecca by any-means. Just wanted to thank you, Linzee, for the great write up I found on Etsy about thanking a Beekeeper.I thanked one, by forwarding your article to her on her blog, I know she will enjoy it.
God Bless You
paul

Thomaschrishan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomaschrishan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.