Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And now for something completely different...

Iowa is the land of cicadas. There are some nights in mid-summer when their drone nearly drowns out conversation. Their carcasses litter sidewalks and lawns and remind me of the feather-weight husks of tomatillos. These signs signal the warm nights of July and August, but they don't exactly make cicadas endearing. Still, when I saw this short about a film being made about cicadas, I was intrigued.

Check out this short feature about Cicada Princess from Kickstarter. (If you're not familiar with Kickstarter, be prepared to spend some time wandering through the amazing projects. It's where the idea came from for the Etsy post about artist Julia Sherman's project with the nun doll museum.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Thanks for this Linzee. I just got back from Alabama where the "Great Southern Brood" of cicadas are errupting. My sisters and I laughed about how we would cover our shirts with cicada casings and walk around the house all decorated!