Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oooo, baby love...

Just had to share these photos of Eli and Jack on the quilts that Sondra and I made for them last fall and bequeathed right before the winter holidays. I know we all believe our own babies are the most adorable, but you have to admit these two rank right up there on the Chuck-Them-Under-Their-Chins-Baby-Scale-of-Cuteness. And with expressions like these, their mom Anne looks to have a couple of engaging photo subjects who will oblige her with photo-worthiness for years to come.

Thanks for the photos, Anne!

(The quilts are the Mod Pod pattern from Carolina Patchworks. The blocks are Andover's Snorkel by Cosmo Cricket in two different colorways. Perfect for land-locked Iowa.)

7 comments:

Suze said...

Love this quilt. I bought some darling elephant fabric at Home Ec, think it is the Urban Circus line. I have been looking for a baby pattern to show off the elephant fabric. Thanks!

anne said...

Thanks for the babies love. And the quilts! We all love them!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those babies--I can't handle that much cuteness! (The quilts are pretty great too!)
Codi

PamKittyMorning said...

That top picture cracks me up! Love cute babies on quilts.

Anonymous said...

The babies and the quilts are adorable. Makes me want to sew. I have on e grandson who just turned two. A little quilt form Christmas would be nice.

Would you mind my asking ....what breed is Pearl? Thanks!

Marsha

Linzee said...

Marsha:

Baby quilts are the best! They don't take long and would be a perfect way to start sewing again.

Pearl is a wire fox terrier. There are also smooth fox terriers. Every now and then I think I'd love to have one of those too, but then I come back to my senses :-)

Cheers,
Linzee

Anonymous said...

I picked out the snorkel fabrics to use for making quilts for my two little ones but was searching for a good pattern. I love the pattern you used- it really highlights the adorable fabrics. Now to find time to start cutting and sewing with two under two.